Spaces are for Projects
THE NAVIGATION PANEL
The "Navigation Panel" is the panel with the "Boards", "Spaces", "Shared" tabs. You can open and close the Navigation Panel by clicking the three horizontal lines icon in the top left corner of the app title bar.
CREATING A PROJECT SPACE
1. Select the "Spaces" tab on the Navigation Panel
2. Click the red plus button to add new "Untitled" space
3. Click the three vertical dots button to the right of the "Untitled" space name
4. Select "Rename" from the context menu that pops up at the bottom
5. Enter the name of your project
ADDING BOARDS TO THE SPACE
1. Select the "Boards" tab
2. Either open an existing board or select the red plus button to add a new board.
Note: you can add as many boards as you want to a project.
3. Start writing in the text box at the bottom of the board
ARRANGING BOARDS LEFT TO RIGHT
1. If you have 2 or more boards open in a Space, drag the board tab name (which is on the app title bar) to the left or right to reset the position of the board
COMPILING MULTIPLE BOARDS INTO ONE DOCUMENT
1. Arrange the boards from left to right in the order you want them to appear in the document
2. On the far right of the app title bar, click the far right most icon to compile the boards together
Now you'll see a document view with all the content from your boards "stitched" together in a single document.
3. Click the "Print" icon to print the whole document
SWITCHING BETWEEN SPACES
1. Click the "Spaces" tab
2. Select any Space in the list
You will now see the boards for that space in the Spaces view and can start working with them.
3. Select any other Space in the list and you will jump to the new Space
Note: Spaces keep track of the open boards and their positioning in that Space so you can quickly jump back and forth.
BOARDS AND SPACES
A board can be open in multiple Spaces. That means you can have a Space titled "Chapter 17 Boards" that has, for example, 4 boards in it (brainstorming, outline, notes, and the actual Chapter 17 board). You can have another Space titled, "My Book" that contains all the Chapter boards arranged in order from Chapter 1 to 21 of which the "Chapter 17" board is over of them.
EDITING BOARDS IN SPACES
If you open the Space, "My Book", and make changes to the board titled "Chapter 17", you will see these changes when you switch to the "Chapter 17 Boards" space. If you did not want changes made to the board in the other Space, them you must duplicate the board.
1. Select the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the board you want to duplicate
2. Select the "Duplicate Board" menu item
You now have a copy of the board. You can now work on the duplicate board without affecting the board in the other Space.
THE SPACES DROP-DOWN
The Spaces drop down is located just to the right of the Navigation Panel tabs. When you open Speare, it will default to the last Space you had open. To populate the Spaces drop-down you simply open the Spaces from the Spaces panel. Now when you close the Navigation Panel, you can still quickly jump between spaces using the Spaces drop-down.
Note: to the right of the Spaces drop-down is a plus symbol. This is for quickly adding more boards to the open Space.
MOVING BOARDS FROM ONE SPACE TO ANOTHER
Technically you are not moving the boards from Space to Space, you simply close the board in one Space and switch to the Space you want the board to be and you select the"Boards" tab from the Navigation Panel and open the board from the list
Note: Deleting a Space does not delete the boards that were opened in that Space it simply deletes the Space from the Spaces list
1. Select "Spaces" from the Navigation Panel
2. Find the Space in the Spaces list that you want to delete
3. Select the three vertical dots icon to the right of the Space you want to delete
4. Select the "Delete" menu item
Note: when you delete a board, it is permanently deleted.
1. Select the three vertical dots icon in the top right corner of the board
2. Select the "Delete Board" menu item
3. Select the OK button from the alert message