Creating Folders for Boards
Speare is flexible enough to allow you to create a folder system for your boards when you prefer to work that way.
Thoughts are the foundation of all writing. The ability to record, access and repurpose thoughts at a moments notice is the highest priority in Speare. This is why the content you write in Speare is not buried in specific folders.
But sometimes it's nice to organize your content in a folder-like system while retaining access to the content at the highest level. Speare allows you to do just that.
Here are the steps to creating your custom Board Folder system.
- Open a new board — there are two ways. Click the red "plus" on the boards panel or click the white "plus" on the title bar next to the Spaces drop down.
- Create board links — select the boards you want to create links for and drag-n-drop them on the new board.
Note: When you click to select boards in the Boards panel, Speare converts the Board names to clickable links when they are dropped on a board.
- Add folder names — 1) enter folder name; 2) select the board links you want to put into a folder 3) drag-n-drop the move tray onto the folder name.
Repeat as necessary.
- Rename the board — give the untitled board a name like "My Folders"
- Open any board from your new folder system — To open any of the boards, simply click the link for that board.
You can create as many Folder Boards as you want. You can also create deeply nested folders on a single board to simulate a traditional file system.
Enjoy your new found freedom and flexibility!
As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org